Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Shark Steam & Spray Mop Review: Why I'll Never Go Back To A Standard Mop!


*Mommys Craft Obsession received a complimentary Shark Steam & Mop in exchange for this honest review*

"Babe, I need a new mop".
"Okay, I'll try to remember to get you one next time I go to Costco".

That is the short conversation that Mr. Hunky and I had just a few weeks ago when I realized that my Swifter Mop just wasn't getting the job done. I was frustrated with how long it took me to clean our tile and I needed something to make my life a little simpler. When Mr. Hunky returned with the new mop I had asked for, I couldn't say much aside from "Thank You" since I realized that I hadn't exactly elaborated on the type of mop I was hoping for.

He brought me a standard "mop & bucket" type mop. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it out. 3 hours later my floors were mopped and I was frustrated beyond belief. There had to be a better way to clean. And there is!

Shark is a household name when it comes to a quality clean. From vacuums to garment care, Shark is a leader in high quality products. When I realized that the mop that I needed was actual a steam mop, I knew there was no better brand to reach out to than Shark.

Company Information (as taken directly from their website):

"Shark® is one of several housecare brands developed by Euro-Pro Operating LLC, a pioneer in innovative cleaning solutions and small household appliances with the goal of giving today's busy consumer better and more efficient products that fit their lifestyle.
By providing appliances that are not only highly functional but also innovative, Euro-Pro has rapidly carved out a significant market share in the housewares industry, becoming one of the leading companies in this sector. From cutting-edge, chemical-free steam mops to state of the art kitchen appliances, Euro-Pro products bring relief to the daily chores of consumers, contributing to the improvement of their quality of life. Euro-Pro also markets products under the Bravetti®, Ninja® and Euro-Pro brand names." - Shark®

This is not my first experience with Shark products, in fact our vacuum is a Shark! We purchased it over a year ago and I have never had a problem with it, and I recommend it to all of our family and friends who are in the marketing for a new vacuum. I had high expectations for the Shark Steam & Spray Mop and I am excited to share my experiences with you today!

The Shark Steam & Spray Mop arrives to you in two main pieces and does require some extremely minimal assembly. The top portion of the mop had to be connected to the bottom, the batteries had to be placed in the battery compartment, the cord had to be attached and wound, the Steam Cleanser had to be placed into the appropriate container, and the washable pad needed to be attached to the bottom of the mop . While this may seem like a few steps, it literally took me less than 5 minutes to get the Steam & Spray Mop ready for use. Shark includes everything you will need (including the batteries!) to start cleaning your home upon purchase/arrival of your new product. They honestly couldn't have made it much simpler to use!



The Shark Steam & Spray Mop includes two types of cleaning pads - a reusable/washable pad, and their SaniFiber pad which is their disposable pad for quick clean ups and added convenience. For the purpose of this review I chose to use the reusable/washable pad being that in my opinion it is the most convenient and economical. To attach either of the pads to the Shark Steam & Spray Mop you simply flip the unit over to reveal the velcro-like adhesive at the bottom of the mop, and press the cleaning pad onto the bottom of the Shark! It doesn't get any simpler than that!



The Steam & Spray Mop features three different settings - SaniFiber Disposable Pads (which if course is the setting you use if you are using the disposable pads), Mop, and Scrub. After testing this product out twice I found that for my floors (living with a toddler and two large dogs, oh and a man of course!) I prefer to use the Scrub setting which in my opinion allowed the steam to get a little warmer and easily allowed me to scrub out the bigger spots on my tile in a more timely matter.


The Steam & Spray Mop also has the "Spray" button which allows the Steam Energized Cleanser to distribute across the floor giving me extra cleaning power!


I love that the Steam & Spray Mop has the added bonus of the Steam Energized Cleanser. It's fantastic to know that even with my stickiest messes (thanks Little Mister) I can clean my floors effectively and sanitize them to perfection! The Steam Energized Cleanser is a non-toxic, biodegradable, specially formalized cleanser that leaves your floors cleaner without leaving a residue or being harmful to children or pets. 


The Shark Steam & Spray Mop couldn't be any easier to use which is a feature that I absolutely love. No filling up a bucket or ringing out any excess water required! Simply add distilled water to the back of the unit (in the water reservoir), plug in the mop, press the on button until it reaches the setting you want, wait just a few moments for it to heat up, then mop until you're floors are clean! 

I went into this review thinking that my floors were already pretty clean, but I still scoped out a few visible spots to point out for before and after shots. Once I cleaned the floors I flipped the mopping pad over to see how much it had picked up and was pretty disgusted with how filthy my floors truly were! I suppose the color of my tile was hiding all the dirt! Ew!



My overall thoughts on this product is that it is extremely easy to use and will last you for several years if it is taken care of properly. I was impressed by the simplicity of the product and have now incorporated steam mopping into my cleaning routine. Although the Shark Steam & Spray Mop does weigh more than your average mop, the convenience and efficiency of this product is outstanding and something that every household should own if your house has a lot of hard flooring!

To Purchase: Visit Shark's website and grab yours for only $119.99!

Connect: Become a fan of Shark on Facebook!




Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

This review is 100% original and in my own words. Everything written is from my own personal view point and opinions and I have not been influenced by any outside sources. What works for me, may not work for you. All photos have been taken by me unless stated otherwise. I have been provided with product to review by Shark however I have not been compensated monetarily for this review. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

1 comment:

  1. We have a ton of tile and hardwood floors and this sounds ideal for cleaning them. I love that the pad is washable and reuseable

    ReplyDelete