Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Beef Stroganoff


Wondering what to do with that left over roast that you made way to much of? I was too a few nights ago and I realized one thing that I've never had before is beef stroganoff! I set off to find a recipe that didn't require to much work and would still taste phenomenal. After searching Pinterest and Google and not really settling on a recipe that I liked, I decided to just create my own. I mean, I had just read over 20 recipes so why not? 

It turned out soooooooooooooooo good if I do say so myself. Mr. Hunky loved it and said he would like this to become a regular meal in our household. It's quick prep and easy to make, plus it's hearty so it will fill you up and keep your family full. 

What You Need:

1-2 Pounds of Cooked Roast (we used Chuck Roast)
1 Package of Egg Noodles
3 Slices of Bacon
2 Tablespoons of butter
1 Can of Mushroom Soup
1 Can of Beef Broth
1/4 Cup of Sour Cream
1/2 Chopped White Onion
Salt & Pepper to Taste

What You Need To Do:

Boil your water and add in your egg noodles when the water is boiling. Turn down to medium/low and let them cook. The noodles will cook quickly so make sure that you are keeping an eye on them. Drain and set aside. In a deep pan, cook your bacon slices until they are nice and crispy! While the bacon is cooking, chop your onion. When the bacon is finished, remove the slices from your pan and transfer them to your cutting board to cool. Using the same pan, melt your butter and brown your onions to until they are soft and caramelized. While they are browning, remove the fat from your roast and cut it into small, bite sized chunks. Cut the bacon into small pieces as well.



When the onions are finished browning, add your beef broth, mushroom soup, sour cream and mix together with a wooden spoon until they are smooth. Add in the roast and bacon and cook everything together on low until it is visibly hot or lightly boiling. Add salt and pepper to taste.


Remove stroganoff from heat and combine with the noodles. Serve with a nice ceaser salad and enjoy!




Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!




1 comment: