Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Mama Drama

My life is pretty low key. Since we moved I've dove right into my role as housewife and thus far it has gone pretty smoothly. There are a few materialistic things in my life that I consider important to me, some of which being my bags, my iPad, and most of all- my kindle. I absolutely adore my kindle. I purchased it for myself while I was pregnant, knowing that it would be put to good use..and it has. I read daily, mostly before bed, I find it to be the time in my day where I can relax and unwind.

Sunday, I had a meltdown. While making the bed I took a step and heard a loud CRACK. My heart sank as I looked down at the ground and saw my kindle (why it was on the ground is still a mystery). The screen was completely distorted and there was nothing that I could do to fix it.

When I finished crying (yes, crying) I called amazon praying that there was something that they could do to help me. Low and behold- they were as unhelpful as ever. It was out of warranty so the best that they could do was offer me a discount toward a new kindle- but of course they didn't have mine available for offer. The discount was only about $10 off, it was really disappointing. I asked if they could upgrade my shipping to overnight or two day on the purchase of a new/full price one and they said no. SERIOUSLY?! So I hung up and ran to Walmart. They only had the standard kindle and the kindle touch. My kindle, has not been available in store for quite some time. (I had the kindle keyboard). I was devastated. I got in the car and went home. My next move was to call the closest Target. I was so mad when the kid on the other end of the phone told me that they had stopped carrying kindle products months ago. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! So I sat and thought for a few minutes. Do I really want to ask Mr. Hunky to spend $140 on a kindle with a keyboard and then have to wait a week for it to show up? Or do I want to go to Walmart and buy the standard kindle for literally half the cost. Option A seemed pretty selfish to me so I hopped back in the car and went to Walmart.

When the guy opened up the case that housed the Kindles, he told me that this was the last one! Thank goodness I went when I did. He also told me that there was a promotion on it so I would get a free shop card with it. Sweet! Then he told me about a warranty program that Walmart offers- now, usually I wouldn't buy into the warranty programs but since I had stepped on my last one I figured it would be a good idea to listen to the sales pitch. For $7, Walmart offers a two year warranty on any damage to the product- even accidental damage! Best of all, their warranty doesn't start until after the manufactures warranty ends! That means I now have a three year warranty!! Yeahhhhh baby!!! AND as the icing on the cake, the shop card ended up being for $30!

At the end of the day, I was (and still am) upset that I broke my beloved kindle keyboard, but it ended up working out thanks to...and I am so surprised to be saying this...Walmart.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks about your kindle! I have the keyboard one, in white, and I love it. I'd be devastated too if it broke.

    ReplyDelete